Thursday, May 5, 2011

Memories of Grandma Thompson

Grandma JoElla Thompson passed away yesterday, May 4th. I'm so glad Abigail got to spend some time with her. She had been over to play with 'Great-great' just a few weeks earlier. She, also, got to visit yesterday and the day before, but I'm not sure Grandma knew it. She did say, "I just want to go to sleep!" as Autumn and Abigail where shrieking at her bedside.

It's been a real blessing to have Grandma here with us the last five years. She's never lived so close all of our lives! I am glad she does not have to suffer from the many maladies that have plagued her these last years any longer. She got so tired of going in and out of the hospital. Westwind House, the assisted living facility where she lived has been so good to our family since my Grandpa's death years ago. They've been a blessing, too.

My Mother has taken care of Grandma as a full-time elective since she's been here, and I hope her re-adjustment period goes well. I know she will miss my Grandma dearly. I hope that she can learn to live with fond memories and start fulfilling her own needs and interests now. No one could've taken such good care of my Grandma, like my mom did, and I hope she knows that Vanessa and I will be there for her in the same way, if need be!

No comments:

Post a Comment